title

it's mostly about scrapbooking ... and just a little about me ...







Friday, March 14, 2014

photo Friday - UFC weekend

It's Photo Friday!!  And, it's also time for UFC weekend in Dallas!!  :)

We were super pumped when they announced that our Oklahoma-boy, Johny Hendricks, would be fighting for the welterweight title in Dallas at UFC 171!  We are big fans of his, and hope he wins big tomorrow night!  The festivities will start later this afternoon, with the fighter weigh-ins, then off to see Joe Rogan's comedy show.  Then tomorrow night is the big fight! We are really excited! :)

Of course, I wanted to be cute and have some fun nails.  I had my nails painted a nice red (that matches my UFC Fight Club shirt) and then came home to make some nail decals again, using my Silhouette Cameo and adhesive vinyl! :)

I brought the UFC logo into the software and traced, then sized it down considerably.  I had a hard time cutting such a detailed image that tiny, even with a brand new blade and the ease of cutting vinyl.  After several failed attempts, my "one last time" finally worked! :)  I was super careful weeding and then used some clear Contact paper to transfer it to my nails.  Josh helped get the placement just right, and then pressed down.  A few coats of clear polish will keep them nice!  :)  They aren't perfect, but they are awesome!  I LOVE having the ability to do fun things like this with my Silhouette Cameo!!! :)
UFC and Octagon logo in white vinyl on my nails

this was one of the mess ups, you can see just how teensy the cuts were

finally got it weeded and ready to put on my nails

Have a great weekend everyone, and thanks for stopping by!!!

4 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to try something like this for awhile. Love how your nails turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me wonder if a white Sharpie would work on fingernails...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me want to get my tips again! You always have so much fun, down to your nails! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE hearing feedback, comments, getting questions ... I look forward to and appreciate every comment you leave! :)