title

it's mostly about scrapbooking ... and just a little about me ...







Monday, March 31, 2014

Oktoberfest

Josh has been volunteering at the big Oktoberfest celebration the last several years.  He really enjoys learning about all the beer selections, loves all the food, and the family business that puts it on each year are really wonderful to work with.  His favorite place to work is the beer tent, where he can learn more about all types of beers, as well as share his knowledge with customers deciding on one to try.  This year, he worked in the kitchen and got to help out with the gigantic smoker.  Since he's been getting into grilling so much, this was also a fun learning experience for him.  He learned how they prepare each item, and the process of cooking all the meats.  Each hour, everyone in the whole kitchen sings a chant and does a shot together.  They have have a lot of fun! :)

For my layout, I used some Lawn Fawn papers that caught my eye one day, and I thought the colors went well with my photos.  I die cut several word arrows with my Silhouette Cameo, and used some acrylic letters I found in a bargain bin, but loved. 



papers by Lawn Fawn; cardstock by Bazzill Basics; ink by Stampabilities; acrylic letters by JLC Mermoies; ribbon by Queen & Co; alpha stickers by Doodlebug Design; brad by The Paper Studio; word arrows cut with Silhouette Cameo

Thanks for stopping by! :)

4 comments:

  1. Cool layout! How fun that he gets to learn so much about an interest by volunteering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo... I love those letters!!! I need to go get some!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool page! And those letters were a great find!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE hearing feedback, comments, getting questions ... I look forward to and appreciate every comment you leave! :)