title

it's mostly about scrapbooking ... and just a little about me ...







Monday, March 24, 2014

it's time

A couple of weeks ago, one of my fellow IFS Contributing Artists and friend, Cindy deRosier, challenged us to use a sketch she came up with and see how different everyone interpreted it.  The first time we had a challenge like this I wasn't able to play along, but it was very cool to see all the different layouts.  This time I wanted to give it a try too!! :)

Here is her sketch that we went by:

And here is my take on it:

I stuck pretty close to the original sketch, using only one landscape photo and a larger journal area, and also moved the title down slightly.  I changed it to my 8.5x11, and a rare one-page layout (since this will be the first page in a new album).  I also moved the embellishments a little bit, drawing your eye down the page.  

Besides the sketch, this layout was completely inspired by the American Crafts Mayberry paper.  I just LOVED the pink and yellow hexagons, it really caught my eye as I walked past it at Basket Market one day.  In deciding what embellishments to use, I thought of butterflies.  To me, they represent a renewal, shedding of the old, free to fly ... so I pulled out my Stampin' UP! punches and layered them with some cute bling.  I cut my title with my Silhouette Cameo, and once I was done, decided it needed a little bit of sparkle.  I went over the pink cardstock with my pink Wink of Stella glitter pen, and it was exactly the look I was wanted! :) 

cardstock by Bazzill Basics; paper by American Crafts and Paper Pizazz; ribbon by Maya Road; bling, brads by The Paper Studio; elegant butterfly punch, bitty butterfly punch, stamp (papillion potpourri) by Stampin’ UP!; ink by Staz-On; stamps (months, great memory) by Technique Tuesday; glitter pen by Zig (Wink of Stella); title cut with Silhouette Cameo

Be sure and check out how the rest of the Ideas For Scrapbookers gang interpreted Cindy's sketch on the IFS blog!

Thanks for stopping by!! :)

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page! I love that ribbon you used at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorites of your pages! Great job and thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO! Love your colors too! And I am right there with you on your journaling! I really want to get back into the swing of exercising too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the larger photo and placed the title on it!
    Such a fun sketch, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on the sketch, so perfect:):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the sketch.
    I love your layout, it is so fun and colourful.
    I love your goal as well :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE hearing feedback, comments, getting questions ... I look forward to and appreciate every comment you leave! :)