title

it's mostly about scrapbooking ... and just a little about me ...







Monday, August 6, 2012

storage ideas

Hello!!!  I'm back from my vacation!!  Did you miss me???  Thank you for all the birthday wishes, that is so sweet of you guys!! :)

We had a fantastic trip (and I loved having a nice, long break) and took almost 900 pictures.  I can't wait to do my album! :) 

Today I have a really quick post - some new storage and organizing ideas.  I learned about this awesome spinner from Ursula at Scarlet Bird Designs, a few months ago.  It's from Harbor Freight Tools, and I have been totally lazy about going across town to get one.  Since seeing hers, I have seen a couple of other posts about it - most ladies are spray paining and decorating them.  I actually really liked the shiny, black metal, and thought it matched my decor the way it was.  I am very impressed at how heavy duty it is as well.  I also didn't realize that each tier rotates independently.  So convienient! :)  My only problem with it, was that it was too tall for my shelving system, where I wanted to store it.  It's like 1" too tall!  :(  But, like any good crafter, I made due.  I took off the top tier and have been using it by itself as a round tray in another area.  Here are a few of the things I have stored ....



Another quick idea - when I am working on a mini or several pages that will share the same embellishments, I like to pull out the things I'll use, and put my embellishment vases back on the shelf.  I have this old serving dish that I use to separate out with room to look for what I want within that section.  For all my 4th of July pages, I pulled out all the red, white and blue things I thought I would use.  Brads and buttons went in one section, ribbons, die cuts, bling, border strips, larger embellishments went in another - for each color.  In the center, I put my "flag" stuff - r/w/b ribbon, twine, buttons, etc.  It worked great for me!  And it fits right on top of my printer, out of the way, when I need the desk space. :)


I love seeing organizational posts, or how others do things in their scrapbook areas! :)  See you guys tomorrow! :)

5 comments:

  1. I recently did some organizing as well. here's the 2 posts to it if you'd like to look: http://craftdonkey.blogspot.com/2012/07/craft-room-mission-organization-before.html and http://craftdonkey.blogspot.com/2012/07/mason-jar-shelf-mission-organization.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool storage ideas!
    Glad you had a good birthday trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great trip! Looking forward to seeing the layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ALMOST bought one of these the other day when I went with my Dad to Harbor Freight! I'd seen it a long time ago on a forum.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE hearing feedback, comments, getting questions ... I look forward to and appreciate every comment you leave! :)